Friday 22 June 2012

Slam Dunk 2012.

Last month, I went to Leeds University for the fourth time in a row to Slam Dunk Festival. I love the atmosphere, the various stages and of course, the alcohol. Usually it's just me and one other person but I went with my wonderful future housemates this year and thought I'd share my snapshots of the day. 

Here is me and Charmander, in line to meet Funeral For A Friend doing our metal faces.


And here is me with Matt Davies, FFAF singer. He was so lovely and Welsh, obviously.


After that, we had a pint (which was really quite expensive!) and went to catch the end of Say Anything. I used to love them when I was in school and managed to catch the two songs I liked best, which everyone else also seemed to love. Great band and great set.



It was then time for Funeral For A Friend, who despite having lost their drummer a week before, were still incredible. They knew what songs would work the crowd and 'Roses For The Dead' definately sent everyone jumping. I managed to worm my way to the barrier, ready for...

The Blackout. Three letters. OMG. They came barging out and did a big FUCK YOU to the entire crowd, evidently completely drunk from their day of festival fun. Sean Smith ended up humping a monitor sexually as well as admitting he'd rather be wanking at the back of the room than on stage. Gavin Butler climbed on top of an 8 foot stacked speaker system and rocked it, making every security guard run to catch him in fear. Their entire set was flawless and they were brilliant. Top marks from Merthyr.





 After that, we went to get some well needed liquids and worked our way back into the room to see Taking Back Sunday, the head liners and the one band I was so excited about. However, I don't know whether they were having an off day or whether that's their game, but they were absolutely dire. Adam Lazzarra didn't sing a single word in time or key, with the guitarists desperately trying to sing to keep the crowd going. Although I knew every word I feel like I couldn't even enjoy myself and half way through was simply too aware I was stood in a sweaty room with a band who completely disappointed me. I still left feeling amazing, with my friends and glad I went. But I haven't forgetten TBS and how much they let me down. If I ever have a chance to be proven wrong, I hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment