Friday 6 April 2012

Fairy Tales.


Sometimes I think it would be easy if my life was like a fairytale. A beautiful maiden, trapped somehow, rescued by a handsome and ever doting prince and taken away to a wonderful land where all her dreams could come true. But as much as I wish it could happen, life never goes like. Especially at the moments when you feel most secure, life tends to come crashing down and reality kicks in. Growing up as a teenager, and especially since leaving college, I've learnt never to have those beliefs, because it sets you up for a fall. Never expect anyone to rescue you, but yourself. I rescued myself from the ever enclosing situation I found myself in, and yes I will admit, there have been many moments where I've cried myself to sleep and wondered if it was all worth it, but I know it is. You don't get where you want to be without suffering for it. I took it upon myself to decide on my own life, and nobody else influenced me. And for that I am very proud. My dashing prince, well in the end, he hasn't chosen me to be the one he rescues, but that's something I can't control. Miracles don't always happen and as much as you fight for your dreams to come true, sometimes it's just not meant to be. You can't have everything in life you choose, want or need without learning to respect it in the first place. And I most definitely have. Feelings and emotions are something I curse every day, and I wish I could change myself. But I try to keep grounded, keeping in my head that when one door closes, another five doors open. And in my life, I have endless corridors of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment