Wednesday 30 May 2012

Affection.


This photo has been on my wall since the first day I moved into student halls. I think it's the kind of photo that doesn't mean anything, but at the same time you can say so much about. It makes me think of a handful of things, one being my family, especially my little sister and how much I miss them. It's okay running off to a fancy city and being independent but sometimes all I want is my Mum's rubbish attempt at Shepard's pie, my Dad telling me about his lorry trips that week and Danielle driving me mad with questions.  There are some days when I get so home sick, but it just makes it that much more lovely when I do venture home. This photo also reminds me of the one thing I don't think I could live without: affection. Everyone needs a cuddle and a loving kiss from time to time, or just to be told how much they mean to someone else. I am definitely one of those people. I need to feel loved by someone, or everything else just seems to be a little less sparkly. And that's why this is on my wall. I look at it and think of my beautiful friends or my wonderful family. And I feel warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment