Monday 19 March 2012

Guitar.

Since coming to University, I thought I'd take the time to do some of the things on my bucket list. I've watched so many films I've always wanted to see and starred in a student film. But one of the biggest things was to learn an instrument. After a nice little surprise money bundle, I bought this little lovely, my very own Encore Classical Acoustic guitar. Junior size, because I have tiny arms, or at least that's my excuse. I learnt a few chords and felt super happy, but then I got stuck. Learning off YouTube hits a bit of a brick wall after a while. Today, I thought I'd take matters into my own hands and try to learn a new song. And so, five hours later, I'd say I'm quite good at playing 'Hurt' by Nine Inch Nails. It doesn't do the original justice one tiny bit, but has definitely restored my own musical faith. I guess I'm not as bad as I thought. My goal now is to learn 'Unchained Melody' in time for my Mama's birthday as I'm poor and can't afford materialistic gifts. Challenge well and truly accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment