Thursday 22 March 2012

Sheffield.


And this is the wonderful city I now call home. My adopted home. It's where my life lies, as well as somewhere I feel safe and loyal to. It is so in contact with it's history and old routes. Everywhere you look is the steel, the industry that made the city so famous. Water flows from fountains outside the station, through the centre to the heart of the city. Two botanical gardens, theatres surrounded by lights and modern architecture are present everywhere. I've never been to a city that I've loved as much as Sheffield. It has an old quaint appeal to it, with vintage stores and unique little shops dotted about on streets, but it also has the perfect balance of modern. Everything is bigger, but not generic. Even the big chain places have their own charm. This will be my home for, at least, the next three years. As a student, I think it's perfect. It's the place I can see myself changing with, turning into the person I want to be. And I can't wait to get there. 

1 comment: