Sunday 18 March 2012

Mother.





The most inspirational person in my life is by far, my mother. Out of every one I know, she's the only one who takes all the negative things in her life and turns them around, shrugging them off. When I was growing up, my mum would always say I was worthy of being someone truly great. She'd come to my parents evenings at school and cry at how good my grades were. When I got 13 GCSE's at the end of it, even though she couldn't say them right, (she used to call them CBCE's!) she was so proud. And when I split from my first boyfriend, my mum was the only person to give me real advice and help me through it all. When you're a kid you think that any tiny problem is the biggest thing in the world, but my mum kept me grounded. She would always say I was better than what I thought. She'd tell me to do what she did, keep your head high and pity those who put you down. And when she got ill, I completely crumbled, but it was her humour that helped me cope better. She beat it on her own and showed everyone how strong she truly is. She gave back just as much sarcasm as we gave her too. You can never win with my mum around! And now I live away, every day I miss her. But when I come home and she says how much she boasts about me to her friends, I realise how proud she is. And that makes it all worth while. I absolutely love her. My wonderful mummy.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment